1. What is personal data?
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This may involve data that can be personally related to you, for example names, addresses, email addresses, or user behaviour.
2. Data Controller
The data controller pursuant to Article 4 no. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is SEKISUI Europe B.V., Looskade 20, 6041 LE Roermond, The Netherlands.
3. What personal data do we collect?
Our website is primarily for informational use. Interested users can inform themselves about our company and our products and services. The data and information we collect can be categorized as follows:
Automatically collected data: When you access and use our website, we automatically collect information, including personal data, about the technologies you use and information about how you use these and our website.
- Log files and device information: Log files contain data that your browser automatically transmits to our web server. These log files contain information about
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the request;
- the requested URL (the specific webpage);
- the access status/HTTP status code;
- the extent of transmitted data;
- the referrer-URL;
- the browser type and the browser language settings.
Data and information provided by you: If you contact us with questions about our company and our products, we will store and process your personal data transmitted with the inquiry. If necessary, we will contact you and request further data and information to process your inquiry to your full satisfaction.
4. How do we use the data we collect from you? On what legal basis is the use based?
We use, store and process information, including personal data, on you, for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
Provision, improvement, development and security of the websites: We use log files to make the website, including its functionalities, available to you. We also use the information and data to optimize our website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. For this purpose, your IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
We use log files as part of our legitimate interest in the availability and continuous development of our website. The legal basis for the use of the log files is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Analysis: We use the information and data generated by cookies to analyse the use of our website. This enables us to find out more about the number of visits to a web page, user behaviour or the length of your stay and to draw conclusions about which content on our website is particularly interesting and which is less interesting for visitors. We may take this into account in future updates and redesigns of our website.
For these purposes, we use the analytical service Google Analytics of Google, LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This is a tool that provides us with information about the use of the website. The information and data collected form these cookies are transferred to Google. Google will use this information to compile aggregated evaluations of the use of our website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Once you visit our website, we will ask you to provide your consent to the implementation of cookies for analytical purposes according to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Additionally, we have activated the IP anonymization of Google Analytics. Before the IP address is transmitted to Google’s servers in the US, it is shortened within the Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states of the EEA. This procedure makes the IP address untraceable. Only in exceptional cases the complete IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
Further Information about Google Analytics can be found under http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Communication: We use the data that we request from you or that you provide to us in connection with your enquiry when you contact us in order to respond to your enquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The use of your data in the context of communication with you corresponds to our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Other functionalities: We implemented tools on our website to provide you with an enhanced and more comfortable browser experience. These tools work with cookies and will collect and process personal data from you. These tools are:
- Google YouTube: To provide illustrative examples of our product, we embed videos of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company belonging to Google. Once you visit a website which contains a YouTube video, YouTube will place cookies on your device. Through these cookies YouTube obtains the information about your visit to our websites and whether you watched the video. Please note that we embedded the videos with activated “enhanced data protection mode”. That means that YouTube will not share the information with other services of Google, particularly not with its advertising network DoubleClick. However, YouTube may also assign this information to your member account in case you are a member of YouTube and logged into your member account. You can prevent YouTube from assigning the information with your member account by logging off from your member account before visiting our website. You will find further information about data protection by YouTube under the following link: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
5. Will the data and information on me be shared with others?
The data obtained from you are only shared with others according to the need-to-know principle. Only the relevant departments receive insight into your personal data (in case of technical data: IT department; for customer inquiries: sales department) to the extent necessary to enable these departments to perform their tasks.
Besides that, we will share the information and data processed through cookies to our cooperation partners, in our case Google LLC who support us in presenting Google Maps and YouTube on our websites and in providing the analytical reports through Google Analytics.
6. How long will my data be stored?
We only store your data provided to us for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the respective purpose for which you have transmitted your data to us or to comply with legal requirements.
Log files are erased once the respective session has ended. Log files for security purposes and as a precaution against attacks on our websites are automatically erased after 7 days at the latest.
The data and information obtained by Google Analytics are automatically erased after 14 months.
7. Will data also be transmitted to recipients outside the European Union or outside the Euro-pean Economic Area (EEA)?
We share personal information with contractors located in nonEEA countries. In this case, we ensure that the recipient either has an adequate level of data protection (e.g. based on an adequacy decision of the EU Commission for the respective country, a selfcertification of the recipient for the EU-US Privacy Shield or the agreement of socalled EU standard contractual clauses of the European Union with the recipient) or sufficient consent.
We can provide you with an overview of the recipients in third countries and a copy of the concretely agreed regulations to ensure the appropriate level of data protection. Please use the information in the section “Contact“ below.
8. What rights do I have?
In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have the right to access, rectification, portability and erasure of your personal data. You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent provided. In case of cookies you can withdraw your consent by deleting the cookies from your device using the respective functionalities of your browser. Further, you can prevent the storage of cookies in vari-ous ways, by
- Setting your browser not to accept cookies. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of our website to their full extent.
- Downloading and installing the browser add-on offered by Google for "Google Analytics” under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
You have the right to object to processing of personal data which is based on our legitimate interests according to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
To exercise your rights, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com), by postal service under the address indicated below or through the contact form provided on our website.
Your right of complaint to a supervisory authority: Without prejudice to the rights described above, you have the right of complaint to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, work or suspected infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
9. No automated decision-making
We do not use technologies allowing an automated decision-making, including profiling.
Please contact us in case of any questions and suggestions in terms of data protection:
SEKISUI EUROPE B.V.
6041 LE Roermond